Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Lead Content Editor
Life as a renter isn’t necessarily one of security and consistency. Housing costs are constantly rising. The path to finding and getting a place can be uncertain. And renters don’t always know what their rights are. We want to change that.
Roost is a tech-driven, direct-to-consumer company focused on making renting simple, accessible, and transparent. By sharing information, tools, and products, we believe renters can make informed decisions, protect themselves, and their stuff–and save money along the way.
You take pride in producing quality content at scale. You bring detail orientation, organization, and an easy to understand style with the tone of an informed friend. You also embrace the importance of SEO, writing searchable content, and backlink strategies.
What you’ll do all day
As the Content Editor, you’ll be responsible for editing articles, landing pages, ad copy, and more to the Roost brand style. In addition, you’ll manage the content calendar, assignments, and production of our freelance writing team. As well, as work with other team members to strategize and optimize campaigns to meet performance goals.
Your experience includes
- A proven track record of producing/editing web content and direct response assets in various forms.
- An ability to bring a brand to life while also publishing a high-converting copy. Affiliate marketing experience a plus.
- 5+ years of related direct response copywriting experience
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience as a Lead Editor
- Can write in multiple brand voices, for different demographics
- Can collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects are consistent with best practices, brand guidelines, compliance, and overall project goals
- Takes responsibility for the success of the projects they work on
- Enjoys a start-up environment and the chance to form processes and teams that you’ll love to improve and grow.
- Create persuasively, conversion-focused marketing communications
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver highly effective and effective creative work
- Research and find the best way to present our products to various target markets on different platforms
- Edit the work of others effectively to achieve the best performing copy
- Collaborate well with account managers, designers, and copywriters
- Take creative ownership (manage full ideation to execution cycle) and provide out-of-the-box ideas
- Other duties as assigned
What we offer
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Work from home/flexibility
- Stock options/equity
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for–as well as your best and worst rental story. Please include links to examples of previous work — PDF, Website, and URL samples are encouraged. We look forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.