Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We help renters make financial progress with guidance, security deposit protection, and cash advances to cover unexpected expenses. We seek a talented SEO specialist to drive our strategy and results.
Where you’ll make an impact
- A big piece of our value is providing renters with education and advice to get ahead from renter protections to ways to save, to improving credit, and working towards homeownership. You’ll be instrumental in driving this strategy to help millions of people.
- Generate leads for the sales team to offer our product through target properties and managers.
- Help drive revenue for the company through improved traffic and conversions with our affiliate partners.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively across teams (editorial, affiliate, design and product) to help develop and implement both on-page and off-page SEO strategies for our product categories and affiliate partners.
- Project manage, monitor, and analyze projects to ensure project goals and deadlines are met.
- Distill complex SEO/SEM data and information into actionable reports for internal and external stakeholders, and present the data in a concise and easy-to-understand manner.
- Assist in driving strategy and campaign management for Paid Search and Retargeting SEM efforts across all channels.
- Continue your SEO/SEM education, staying on top of changes in strategy and platforms.
- Prepare and present well-thought-out SEO/SEM strategies and results to both existing and prospective clients alike.
- Perform site audits and work with the Engineering team to solve issues
What we’re looking for
- You have a degree in a relevant course of study (e.g. Computer Science, Web Development, Marketing, etc.)
- You have significant experience in SEO strategy development and execution.
- A highly motivated problem solver who loves to think critically and develop innovative solutions
- A self-motivated, organized, and meticulously detail-oriented individual
- You possess exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and have a demonstrated ability to present complex subject matter in a client-facing setting.
- Experienced in writing and editing HTML and CSS, building and editing websites, and using content management systems (WordPress)
- Proficient in web development tools used for analysis and analyzing log files, user behavior, etc. for further SEO/SEM advantages (Google Analytics and other similar tools)
- Experienced in utilizing tools such as SEMRush, Moz, AHrefs, GA, Ads. google, Structured Data Testing Tool, Pagespeed Insights, GTMetrix, Rank Tracker, etc.
- Possess a rich understanding of Page Experience signals like Pagespeed and Core Web Vitals
- Experienced in setting up and managing paid search and retargeting campaigns
What we offer
- Help millions of people make financial progress
- Competitive compensation package and stock option grants
- 401(k), medical, dental, and vision for you and dependents
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous, flexible vacation + take care of yourself days
- Flexible, remote work environment
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for — as well as your best or worst rental story (if you are inclined). We look forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.