Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Chief Financial Officer/VP of Finance
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We provide an outsourced security deposit management to property owners and operators and financial amenities to renters. We seek a Chief Financial Officer/VP of Finance to oversee our fast-growing business, flow of funds/financial operations and small but growing accounting team.
The CFO reports to the CEO and is a key member of the leadership team. We’re a venture-backed company and growing quickly. The ideal candidate is a hands-on influential finance leader who is both VC and fintech literate and capable of partnering and advising C-level leadership.
What you’ll do
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial and regulatory reporting, maintaining accounting standards, practices, controls, policies, and procedures in a Fintech organization.
- Oversee day-to-day transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash flow.
- Direct and oversee property deposit reconciliations and banking.
- Maintain the financial model. Contribute to financial strategy, balance growth with internal controls and compliance needs, and enhance the efficiency of the finance functions.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance.
- Ensure that the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow are prepared in accordance to GAAP. Liaison and work with audit and tax teams as needed.
- Work closely with the accounting and compliance team to ensure accuracy, completeness and timely delivery of all management, regulatory and statutory reporting deliverables.
- Cultivate relationships and engagement with representatives from our sponsor banks and processing partners to support their transaction reporting and reconciliation requirements.
- Oversee/co-ordinate treasury functions and management including collections, disbursements, concentration and investment activities.
- Administer Gusto HR platform – including payroll, insurance, policy, training and benefits.
- Assist with investor relations, including the pitch decks, financials, corporate securities/cap table management and special projects.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO, communicating risks and issues as they arise, along with recommendations for action.
- Serve as a thought leader and role model embodying our values and always acting with the highest integrity, confidentiality and discretion. Attract, hire, manage and retain exceptional performers. Consistently challenge the status quo and raise the bar.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of Financial Services or Fintech industry background preferred
- 3+ years experience with regulatory environments – money transmitter, credit, lending, mortgage, etc.
- Experience in a Neo-bank lender or financial services environment preferred.
- Comfortable with financial technologies, comfortable working hands-on in a start-up type environment where infrastructure, processes, systems, and work practices are still at various stages of implementation and refinement.
- Experience working cross-functionally and dealing with different teams.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work across a broad range of issues and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage and influence change.
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce or equivalent.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off/sick leave
- Work from home/flexibility
- Stock options/equity
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for — as well as your best or worst rental story (if you are inclined). We look forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.