Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We provide an outsourced security deposit management to property owners and operators and financial amenities to renters. Visit joinroost.com to learn more!
What you’ll do
- Review daily list of resident move-ins to confirm deposit payments are in hand before they get the keys
- Review daily list of move-outs to ensure proper refund calculations including any deduction of fees.
- Monitor and respond to customer support inquiries through Zendesk. Process change orders and create trouble tickets for the tech team as needed. Escalate as directed.
- Monitor systems for failed transactions like ACH returns, mailed check failures and assist to resolve.
- Monitor transactions for suspicious activity. Assist with research and reporting.
- Assist with end of month reporting as directed.
- Perform other related job duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with end month reporting as directed and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Min 2 years related experience in project coordination and technical customer support. Financial transaction processing experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Excel, Google Suite and Slack. Knowledge of Zendesk is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with internal departments in accounting, operations, product and engineering.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize high volume in an environment with frequently changing conditions.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
What we offer
- Help millions of people make financial progress
- Competitive compensation package and stock option grants
- 401(k), medical, dental, and vision for you and dependents
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous, flexible vacation + take care of yourself days + paid community volunteer day
- Flexible, remote work environment
Where you’ll work
Mostly from home with monthly team meetings in Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA.
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for — as well as your best or worst rental story (if you are inclined). We look forward to hearing from you! email@example.com
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.