Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Manager, Licensing Compliance
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We help renters make financial progress with guidance, security deposit protection, and deposit advances to cover unexpected expenses. We’re hiring for an escrow and operations manager to manage state licensing and related customer transactions.
You like to keep busy, wear a few hats and enjoy the challenge of organizing repeatable systems. You have a good balance of left and right brain – enjoy the details but love working with customers. Equally important, you want to work for a mission-driven company because it’s important to use your talent to build products that help people.
What you’ll do all-day
Manager of Licensing Compliance you’ll manage all licensing for Roost including state escrow license. In addition, you’ll support the customer success team to set up new customer deposit accounts.
- Maintaining existing state licenses held by company and individuals within the company.
- Responsible for obtaining new state licenses as needed.
- Managing regulatory examination requirements and third-party audit requirements related to state licenses and securities registrations.
- Works with the business to respond to state business reporting requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining state business qualifications.
- Manage the application, approval and renewal process of all state escrow licenses.
- Manage the entire partner deposit transfer process, including set up, compliance configuration and banking management.
- Oversee the issuance of electronic refunds, checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage licensing firms and collaborate as needed for legal descriptions, abstracts of judgments, audits and renewals.
- Assist partners, customers, internal staff and our legal team with escrow and licensing related questions.
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience managing a state licensing program
- Experience with Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)
- Active Escrow or Real Estate brokers license in one or more states
- Experience with regulatory licensing examinations
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, with superior written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with multiple groups
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to prioritize, balance, and respond to competing needs within the organization
- Financial services experience a strong plus
- Strong customer service orientation – responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off/sick leave
- Work from home/flexibility
- Stock options/equity
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for — as well as your best or worst rental story (if you are inclined). We look forward to hearing from you! email@example.com
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.