Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Roost Legal Disclaimer
Legal Information Is Not Legal Advice
This website (the “Site”) is a service made available by JoinRoost (“Roost”, the “Company”, “we”, or “us”). This Site provides general information related to the landlord-tenant law and related topics. This Site does not provide legal advice and Roost is not a law firm. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between you and Roost or any of our representatives.
Before Using this Site…
This Site offers you several ways to identify and locate a tenant rights attorney and rent assistance, including advertisements for lawyers, third-party tenant unions, and non-profit organizations (we’ll collectively refer to them as the “Lawyer Services”). The decision to retain an attorney is an important one, and one that you must make carefully based on your own judgment and evaluation of that attorney. If you are using the Lawyer Services you should read the following terms and conditions below. If you disagree with these terms and services, please do not use the Lawyer Services.
- This Site is only one source of information among the many sources that are available to you. You may wish to consider multiple sources in order to make an informed attorney selection decision.
- We will never refer you to a specific attorney or service. You are solely responsible for making a selection of an attorney or other service and determining whether the information you obtain through your use of this Site is suitable for your purposes.
- The release and security of any sensitive or confidential information transmitted by you to any attorney or service is your sole responsibility.
- Lawyer Services and the individual attorneys represented by them provide information to this Site, which Roost does not verify, validate, or confirm, except as expressly stated in this Site.
- We do not endorse any particular attorney or legal service and make no representation, guarantee, or warranty (express or implied) as to the legal ability, competence, quality, or reliability of any legal services provided by any of these Lawyer Services.
- We cannot perform a check for conflicts of interest between you and an attorney provided by a Lawyer Service.
- If you use Lawyer Services, you agree that: IN NO EVENT SHALL ROOST BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LAWYER SERVICES OR for any advice, information or services provided to you by any attorney with whom you may make contact through this Site. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, ROOST’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
- You also should be aware that certain States and jurisdictions have special rules relating to legal services. You should contact your State or local jurisdiction for more information. While not intending to be exhaustive, please note the following additional State-specific disclosures if you live in the following states:
- Alabama: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
- Florida: Florida Rule of Professional Conduct 4-7.10(c) defines a lawyer referral service as “(1) any person, group of persons, association, organization, or entity that receives a fee or charge for referring or causing the direct or indirect referral of a potential client to a lawyer drawn from any specific group or panel of lawyers; or (2) any group or pooled advertising program operated by any person, group of persons, association, organization, or entity wherein the legal services advertisements utilize a common telephone number and potential clients are then referred only to lawyers or law firms participating in the group or pooled advertising program.” For purposes of the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct only (the “Florida Rules”), this Site may be deemed a lawyer referral service as defined in the Florida Rules. Rule 4-7.10(a)(10) requires that all lawyer referral services (as defined in the Florida Rules) must affirmatively state in all advertisements that it is a lawyer referral service. For those reasons, for purposes of the Florida Rules only, this Site is a lawyer referral service, and any statements in the Terms and Conditions to the contrary are inapplicable in Florida.
- Missouri: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
- New York: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Wyoming: The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert.
Roost reserves the right to change this disclaimer at any time. Updated versions of this disclaimer will appear on this Site and are effective immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this disclaimer. Continued use of this Site after any such changes constitutes your consent to such changes.