Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We provide an outsourced security deposit management to property owners and operators and financial amenities to renters. Visit joinroost.com to learn more!
What you’ll do
- Generate and send invoices to customers from Quickbooks. Verify and enter all transaction counts and receivable transactions.
- Follow up with customers on A/R regarding payments, payment status and chargebacks.
- Track re-issued checks and update unclaimed property log by customer.
- Assist accounting team with ad-hoc requests, including cash deposit reconciliation, research and reporting..
- Download and distribute Deposit Advance A/R, aging and collections reports for LMS.
- Monitor and process advance repayments from refunds
- Assist with customer inquiries about deposit advance/loans and/or direct to App for payoff balance and schedule. Provide reminders and follow up/light-collections.
- Monitor account calculations and re-amortization schedules. Makes corrections if needed in software to coordinate manual overrides if approved.
- Upload payment reports each month to credit bureaus.
- Monitor transactions for suspicious activity. Assist with research and reporting.
- Perform other related job duties and special projects as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Associates Degree or certification in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Min 2 years related experience.
- Proficient with Excel, Google Suite and Slack.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with accounting and operations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize high volume in an environment with frequently changing conditions.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
What we offer
- Help millions of people make financial progress
- Competitive compensation package and stock option grants
- 401(k), medical, dental, and vision for you and dependents
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous, flexible vacation + take care of yourself days + paid community volunteer day
- Flexible, remote work environment
Where you’ll work
Mostly from home with monthly team meetings in Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA.
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for — as well as your best or worst rental story (if you are inclined). We look forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.