Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Sr. Frontend Engineer | Roost
We’re modernizing the security deposit refund process across the US. Our mission is to build SaaS technology that helps properties automate manual repetitive security deposit workflows while providing a transparent, fast and financially supportive experience for the resident.
Where you’ll make an impact
- Design and lead the development of high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer-first experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Build out the service architecture that interfaces the frontend stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs.
- Architect, develop and drive improvements to our evolving frontend infrastructure.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain frontend components using React and other modern frontend technologies.
- Interact with backend services using RESTful APIs, ensuring seamless communication between client and server-side code.
- Ensure responsive, high-performance, and scalable web app development and maintenance by following best practices in code organization, modularity, and reusability.
- Collaborate with your product manager and UX/UI designer to develop web app layouts, wireframes, and prototypes.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with business logic in the frontend architecture.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS and producing pixel-perfect results.
- Strong unit and integration test habits.
- Enjoyment in learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience employing React Native to develop hybrid mobile apps a plus.
- Familiarity with financial services, consumer finance, or fin-tech a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package and stock option grants.
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision for you and dependents.
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role.
- Generous, flexible vacation + take care of yourself days.
- Flexible, remote work environment.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to build an experienced fin-tech team and create a new kind of rent experience.
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and what you are looking for— as well, if you are inclined, your best or worst rental story. We look forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.