Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Sr. Front End Engineer | Roost
We’re building Roost so that anyone who rents can live well now — and get ahead. We help renters make financial progress with guidance, security deposit protection and cash advances to cover unexpected expenses. We’re looking for a senior full stack developer to join our fully remote team.
As a part of our growing back-end team, you will collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way renters manage their security deposit and pay rent. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and reliable code.
Where you’ll make an impact
- Design and lead the development of high-performance, secure, scalable, and delightful consumer-first experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Build out the service architecture that interfaces the front-end stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs.
- Develop and drive improvements to our evolving frontend infrastructure.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization.
What you’ll do
- Interact with Product Owners, Architects and management to transform feature specifications into designs and development plans
- Work with the Cloud back-end team to negotiate REST API contracts
- Manage and mentor a team of front-end engineers, including hybrid mobile app developers
- Employ the agile methodology to deliver software quickly and efficiently
- Leverage your experience and talents by performing regular code reviews and by mentoring other engineers
What we’re looking for
- Experience with business logic in the front end architecture
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS and producing pixel perfect results
- Experience employing Git, following branching patterns, and submitting pull requests
- Strong unit and integration test habits
- Enjoyment in learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- Familiarity with financial services, consumer finance, or fin-tech a plus
- Experience with Mobile development, or hybrid Mobile apps is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package and stock option grants
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision for you and dependents
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous, flexible vacation + take care of yourself days
- Flexible, remote work environment
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to build an experienced Fintech team and create a completing new kind of rent payment experience
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and what you are looking for— as well, if you are inclined, your best or worst rental story. We look forward to hearing from you! email@example.com
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.