Our goal is to share information and products that are truly helpful to renters.
If you click on a link or buy a product from one of the partners on our site, we get paid a little bit for making the introduction. This means we might feature certain partners sooner, more frequently, or more prominently in our articles, but we’ll always make sure you have a good set of options. This is how we are able to provide you with the content and features for free. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services — and our opinions and advice are our own based on research and input from renters like you. Here is a list of our partners.
Full Stack Engineer
At Roost, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for talented Senior Full Stack Engineers who will help us innovate and shape our product and service.
- You enjoy building beautiful interfaces and connecting them to complex back end systems. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
- You are customer-focused: You are passionate about creating web applications that improve the lives of millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with stakeholders to build product features and high-quality products.
- Leadership: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
Roost Engineering offers a culture of constant learning and knowledge sharing; we are passionate about metrics and experimentation. Our stack is based on Python and React, and we continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
Where you can make an impact
- Design and lead the development of high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer-first experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Build out the service architecture that interfaces the front-end stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs.
- Architect, develop and drive improvements to our evolving backend and frontend infrastructure.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Experience in building highly scalable web services and building/using RESTful APIs and proficiency in Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js and React/Flux/Redux a plus.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high-performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application Frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone), responsive design and MVC design patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred. You should be able to demonstrate a superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) and 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Flexible, remote work environment
How to apply
Shoot us an email with your skills and the type of role you’re looking for–as well as your best and worst rental story. We look forward to hearing from you! Support@joinroost.com
Roost is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.